The football itself is the main tool and this is utilised as much as possible. Elite players are not the ultimate outcome we are seeking, rather the development of the individual participant’s gross motor skills in ball control, jumping, turning, balance, agility, movement and general co-ordination are all skills to be acquired and improve.
Our MiniRoos section is split in to two areas:
The Calves program promotes football-based exercise and activity for younger children who are not able to be registered to play in age-specific matches. It is a stand-alone program run once a week over 10 weeks demonstrating the basics of the game through different drills, practices and games. The total program consists of 50 activities, presented as fun exercises.
The program will enhance the opportunities for young children to receive quality, consistent coaching. In acquiring basic skills free of competition, participating children will not only learn correct technique but will likely develop a love of the “world game”.
- A fun, safe sport taught in a friendly environment for children aged between 3 and 5.
- Weekly 45 minute sessions that build skills through games and simple drills delivered in an engaging and inclusive environment.
- Every player gets plenty of time on the ball and the prime aim of each session is for children to build fundamental motor skills.
Calves is run over two five week brackets, with a two week break over the June, July school holidays.
Where: Sutton Park Brassall
Start Time: 5:00pm
How much does it cost to play?
Membership is $50 for the 10 sessions. Fee payments are the responsibility of the parent/guardian. All fees must be paid before you first session.
How do I register?
1. Go to the MyFootballClub website www.myfootballclub.com.au
|2. On the right-hand side click on Register Now|
4. Once you have your FFA number
|5. On the right-hand side click Register|
|6. Review your details. Ensure your email address is up-to-date as this where your registration receipt from FFA will be sent and your payments receipts.|
|7. Once review click Next|
8. In Step 1 type Ipswich City Soccer Club Allsports Ltd
12. Check your playing history. Note: It should = No
|14. Check the Package looks correct. Click Next|
15. Read the Terms and Conditions. On the bottom left-hand side check Acknowledge all
|17. Select Manual Payment At Club|
If you have any issues please email [email protected]
MiniRoos is a smaller version of football that provides boys and girls aged 5 - 11 with a fun introduction to the world game.
MiniRoos is designed for kids; it is all about having fun, learning new skills and making life-long friends.
Delivered by grassroots clubs across Australia, MiniRoos provides opportunities for boys and girls of all abilities, shapes and sizes to play football.
Football is the game that everyone can play, so get involved and become a MiniRoo today!
Football Federation Australia – Rules and Playing Formats for MiniRoos